WATERLOO, ON | AUGUST 15, 2013
Transportation app creator BigRoad announced today the release of its popular electronic HOS logging solution for the iPhone platform. More than 70,000 drivers and 1,900 fleets in North America today now use BigRoad’s smartphone-based app to electronically capture and comply with hours of service (HOS) regulations, manage their business and stay connected to friends and family while on the road. Since the product’s release to market just a year ago, the BigRoad app has quickly become the #1 transportation compliance app on the Android platform, with a user satisfaction rating of 4.6 out of five stars, and more than 1300 positive user reviews. The company’s CEO Kelly Frey anticipates achieving equal, if not greater, success with the Apple platform.
“In 2012, it was reported that 76% of fleet managers in the transportation industry rely on smartphones, and 64% of those managers indicated nearly all of their drivers were carrying smartphones. BigRoad’s entire mission is to make life on the road easy and simple, and part of that strategy includes universal access to our app across all device platforms. We have a huge amount of pent up demand for our app on the Apple platform. Hundreds of fleets and thousands of drivers have been eagerly awaiting this release, and since going live on the App Store we have already witnessed thousands of downloads. We’re incredibly excited to extend our popular app to the iPhone and iPad,” says BigRoad CEO Kelly Frey.
BigRoad is free for drivers and includes the following features:
- Electronic Logs (EL) including the Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) for pre- and post trip inspections.
- Both Canada’s Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and the United States’ Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated rule sets.
- A specific view mode to streamline roadside inspections.
- Location, photo and document sharing.
- An application bar offering one click access to the most used applications in the Android Play Store by truckers.
BigRoad’s complementary solution for owner/operators and fleets, available for just $15 per vehicle, includes the following value-added features:
- Fleet optimization account accessible through any computer with specific logins for fleets.
- Live truck tracking and drivers’ HOS reports and statistics.
- Fleet support including cloud based storage of logs and reports.
- A fleet messaging service and document sharing with easy to access ‘Send to Dispatch’ sharing.
- New: state mile reporting in support of IFTA filings.
Pricing & Availability
BigRoad’s app for Android is available free for download directly from Google Play using the following link: http://bit.ly/GPlayStore. Users can download the iPhone version of the driver app using the following link: http://bit.ly/19ktOeS.
The BigRoad Fleet management solution is just $15 per month per vehicle and a fleet can be up and running in literally minutes. A free trial of the fleet version can be found here: https://app.bigroad.com/sign-up/create-account.
BigRoad provides innovative and easy to use solutions that simplify safety and compliance for thousands ofdrivers and fleets across North America. BigRoad’s ELD-ready DashLink is the most reliable and affordablesolution available to ensure ELD mandate compliance. With over 350,000 downloads, the BigRoad MobileApp is the #1 electronic logging app for drivers on Android and iOS. For fleets, the BigRoad Web App helpsmaximize operational efficiency with real-time visibility and risk notifications. Over 30,000 fleets have chosenBigRoad as their compliance partner. For more information on how BigRoad can help you get on the path tocompliance, visit www.bigroad.com or call1-888-305-8777.